In case you missed out on Zara's boho-cool embroidered jacket, above, which I wore like crazy last summer (with everything from bikinis to a tank top and jeans!), Target is currently offering a very cute version. Of course, I unhesitatingly snapped it up!
Monday, February 8
Here's a strikingly cool top for the 80-degree days ahead!
1. Caroline Constas strapless top, $398, intermixonline.com
2. Elizabeth and James ear cuff set, $165, shopbop.com
3. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip in Dance With Me, $20, nordstrom.com
4. Prada chain link perforated leather bag, $2920, bergdorfgoodman.com
5. Gucci sandals, $690, neimanmarcus.com
6. Frame Denim cotton pants, $230, netaporter.com
Friday, February 5
Mark my words: the open-toe mule will be next season's go-to shoe. Retro in spirit, the shoe looks edgy and modern with everything from jeans to dresses to skirts. The low block heel means they're also comfortable. Consider these spring-ready lovelies from Gucci (I have and love these!), Tory Burch, Loeffler Randall, Givenchy and Marayam Nassir Zadeh (above).
Labels: open toe heels
Thursday, February 4
At a photo shoot last week, I rediscovered the glory that is great red lipstick: the pop, the sexy pout, the warmth it lends on a cold winter day. The on-set makeup artist had a bevy of selfie-worthy options, most importantly, ones I've never tried and am now hooked on. Hence in my everyday make-up bag you will currently find: Make in Scarlet, Marc Jacobs' Goddess, Chanel's Pirate (apparently a classic, but somehow I'm just joining the party now!), Lipstick Queen's Medieval (semi-sheer), and Topshop's Rio Rio (reportedly a favorite of Alexa Chung and Poppy Delevigne).
|$139, club monaco|
The double layered ruffle sleeve sweetens the deal here!
1. Club Monaco ruffled sleeve sweater, $139, clubmonaco.com
2. Shrimps faux fur trimmed crochet coat, $1850, netaporter.com
3. Charlotte Olympia pouch, $595, shopbop.com
4. Givenchy sandals, $625, netaporter.com
5. Vanessa Seward jeans, $325, netaporter.com
Wednesday, February 3
I'm loving the new spring tops that are all business up front and party in the back. Such a sexy yet unexpected way to show some skin. And with a blazer on top, no one (i.e., Boss Lady/Boss Man) would ever know! The big reveal would come, of course, post-work. Check out my current faves from Tome (below), Elizabeth and James, Zara, Rosie Assoulin, and Dion Lee.
Tuesday, February 2
Don't mean to give you the cold shoulder again, but I couldn't resist this striped one!
1. Whistles cut-out sweater, $180, whistles.com
2. J.Crew tweed jacket, $198, jcrew.com
3. Chloe jeans, $495, netaporter.com
4. Zara bag, $49, zara.com
5. Lipstick Queen in Aloha, $22, barneys.com
6. Loeffler Randall lace-up flat, $295, shopbop.com
Monday, February 1
A quick visit to slushy New York last week had me layered up in a faux fur vest underneath a pea coat. But the above pic has me thinking I should reverse my layering scheme, with my vest over my coat! I'd like to adopt this combo pronto in (chilly) LA with a light trench for a nice, fresh (less Michelin Mannish) look. And I want to use top layers such as these by Mango, J.Crew, Whistles, Topshop, Sheri Bodell, Stella McCartney (on sale!) and Asos.
1. Topshop jacquard dress, $160, topshop.com
2. Alexis Bittar cocktailring, $195, neimanmarcus.com
3. Lizzie Fortunato clutch, $390, shopbop.com
4. Nars Lip Gloss in Hot Sand, $26, nordstrom.com
5. Stuart Weitzman lace-up sandal, $495, netaporter.com
Friday, January 29
I just treated myself to a few seriously cute shoulder-baring tops--this one and this one--that will be perfect this spring. But this picture makes me want to get a head start on the whole shoulder-revealing trend with a wear-right-now, winter-worthy sweater! I love these alluring versions by Intermix (similar to above), Tamara Mellon, Ella Moss and Rebecca Minkoff.