I am at my least stylish from 8 to 9AM, when I am suited up in workout gear, frazzled from the bed-to-breakfast table-to-out-the-door routine, bent on making the school run fast so I can squeeze in a sweat session. Unlike most Angelenos, I do not exercise in head-to-toe Lululemon: an old t-shirt and some black leggings is my uniform. I try to camouflage this rather unsightly outfit with a big wrap-like cardigan or my green army jacket. But now I am thinking this cozy poncho-like cardigan is the ticket. I love the toggles and the chic cape-like fit. Not only will it act as a genius cover up but it will also be perfect on chilly fall days, with my regular (i.e. more stylish) clothes, when I am running around doing a million things. On those days, I'd wear it with...
1. J. Crew striped t-shirt, $34, jcrew.com
2. Michael Michael Kors poncho cardigan, $175, netaporter.com
3. Forever 21 zipper-trimmed bag, $44, forever21.com
4. Cynthia Vincent boots, $375, piperlime.com
5. Mango leather leggings, $189, mango.com