Years ago when I was living and working in New York as a magazine editor I attended a press luncheon and all the big-time editors at the time were there, dressed to the nines in their designer showstoppers, all brazenly trendy. There was, however, one woman, a beauty editor, who stood out, because she was not wearing anything high-voltage and recognizable. She had on a plush grey cashmere crewneck sweater and crisp white jeans, and to me, she looked the chicest of them all. Like she wasn't trying too hard. For some reason, this sweater reminds me of her--something she might wear to a press luncheon come this fall and stand out. Wear it with...
1. Topshop embellished sweater, $84, topshop.com
2. Dita sunglasses, $350, shopbop.com
3. Forever 21 bag, $32, forever21.com
4. Manolo Blahnik suede pumps, $595, bergdorfgoodman.com
5. Victoria Beckham jeans, $395, netaporter.com