When you ride up in the elevator at the Conde Nast building in New York, it's always entertaining to look around and check out what everyone's wearing. (Invariably, I can guess who works where, based on the outfit.) The experience is almost like a lesson in shopping, providing insight into what I should be buying. During my last visit, I scoped out an impeccably dressed brunette, wearing a tuxedo vest much like this one, over a flowy abstract print cream colored silk dress. I've been searching high and low for a similar vest ever since, and I've now found it. Wear it with...
1. A Fine Line draped sleeveless t-shirt, $75, barneys.com
2. Mango vest, $89, mango.com
3. Tom Binns crystal necklace, $410, netaporter.com
4. Diane Von Furstenberg metallic clutch, $425, shopbop.com
5. Jean-Michel Cazabat sandals, $295, amazon.com
6. Topshop linen trousers, $64, topshop.com