I have a custom of going out about once a month or so to a luxuriously long lunch with my girlfriends, the kind that calls for a glass of chardonnay, a relaxed but chic outfit (my dream sweater and accoutrements for the next gathering, above!), and lots of catch-up chitchat. At the last lunch, we celebrated a friend's birthday and we gave the birthday girl a gift certificate to a chic LA beauty apothecary. Delighted with the gift, she asked each of us to share our can't-live-without beauty products. It was genius move, because the list we created became our own take-away gifts. Which I will now share with you!
1. Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer Beach Stick in Moon Beach: A versatile lip-to-cheek color that effects an endless summer glow.
2. ReVive Skin Cream: Reportedly the be-all, end-all overnight moisturizer!
3. Beauty Counter Color Pinch Cream Blusher: Yields the most natural-looking, I woke-up-this-way gorgeous flush. And it's chemical free!
4. Eve Lom Honey 12 Radiance Perfected Tinted Moisturizer: My friend busted out this tinted moisturizer and her makeup brush at lunch and applied it to all of our faces, proving on the spot the incredible glow it renders!
5. Laura Mercier Warm Brunette Eyebrow Pencil: For flawless-looking eyebrows!
6. Tata Harper Brightening Serum: Contains arcane ingredients like Madonna Lily stem cells, Norwegian Kelp and Sea Fern extracts that work wonders (i.e., lighten existing dark spots).
7. YSL Top Secrets Eye Roll-on Pen: Table consensus has it that this eye-depuffer makes you like you've had 8 hours of sleep for nights on end. If only!
8. Dayle Breault Truthful Serum: My facialist Dayle Breault, who also works in NYC, has a line of organic skincare products that are true game-changers. (Cara Delavigne can attest!) My favorite is the Truthful Serum, which firms skin, reduces wrinkles and moisturizes.
9. Chanel Lip Gloss 204: A great everyday go-to gloss that gives your lips just the prettiest hint of color.
10. Rodin Luxury Face Oil: Like a wonder liquid--leaves skin radiant and dewy!