Last March on the heels of New York Fashion Week I noted the fisherman sweater's omnipresence in the fall 2012 collections. Michael Kors and Derek Lam elevated them into evening statements, pairing them with sparkly and long skirts, respectively. Levi's even jumped on the trend and came out with a version. So, here we are six months later, another round of fashion week coming up again (NYFW is September 6-13), and you can bet on seeing a lot of this of cold-weather staple out and about. I adore this one by Mango because it's not nubby or bulky (i.e., won't add unwanted heft) and it's soft and pliable--perfect on its own or layered over a collared blouse. I'd wear mine with...
1. Mango cable knit sweater, $69, mango.com
2. J. Brand leather biker jacket, $1395, netaporter.com
3. All Saints clutch, $150, allsaints.com
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim booties, $575, shopbop.com
5. Miu Miu floral print crepe skirt, $820, mytheresa.com