This blouse is as versatile as a white button-down (i.e., I'd wear it anywhere), but a million times chicer. And enduringly stylish too. (In fact, I'd say it falls squarely into that fail-safe French girl category.) I'd wear the outfit below to work, and feel comfortable going straight to dinner afterward.
1. CO-OP Barneys color blocked blouse, $225, barneys.com
2. Madewell camo print jacket*, $128, madewell.com
3. Coach Op Art tote, $348, coach.com
4. Zara platform sandal, $89, zara.com
5. Reiss tapered trousers, $210, reissonline.com
* This jacket is like your average green parka, but only better because it has a cool abstract animal print and it's cinched in at the waist. But it's just as wearable!